My first day as a non-smoker and I get up at 5:30am, do think about a cigarette but that passes real quick. I get the bus at 6:30am get into work about 7:00am where I would normally have another but no incline to do so atall.
9:40am and Yvonne will be picking us up to go to class. We arrive as usual, Amber her usual nice self asking if we like tea or coffee etc, we get in and we have lost another member - Barry - but I 'm sure there is a real excuse as this would be his 7th week stopped.
Amber goes round the class as usual asking how we are all getting on, Greig being first, he has smoked quite a bit at the weekend but we all knew he was going to but again he isn't smoking through the week and he reads a 6 on the CMR which is not bad. Next up is Carly who we desperately want to hear about, but she has stopped!! Stopped on Sunday and seems to be doing fine and is still reading the Paul Mckenna book - The Fag Hag has stopped lol. Now the reading... a 5 amazing going from 37 to a 5!!!
Me next, Amber asking how I'm getting on and I do indicate that I still get the dodgy stomach now and then but its something I am willing to accept in order to stop. Tell the group I stopped yesterday and not finding it too much problem, a couple of them are asking loads of questions half wishing they used the Champix but I do point out its early doors and everyone is different. Reading time I get 7, happy it’s lower but highest in the class now.......
Yvonne (stopped for 1 week) up next, she has a funny story about getting stressed out with stopping (she's cold turkey) she totally fell out with her husband in the middle of Bathroom Planet about sizes etc, and she also threw her sons mobile phone at him as his alarm was going off too long in the morning, lol, she did say when she was smoking she would probably of shouted at him and then have a fag!! But anyhow she reads 2 on the CMR, great that is non smoker status.
Carly next now she has been stopped for 3 weeks, which is good and getting on not too bad, again she is going cold turkey with the odd nicotine gum, does admit to the odd occasion when she could lose it - lol.
It can either be her car or a faulty heater in her house for example; the only thing different she had done was stay at her boyfriend’s house and drives to work, so she needs to get them checked out!!!
Tuesday, 13 October 2009
Day 23 - Cessation 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment